Welcome to this page, where I am giving you a bit more information about myself, my background and my life.
The catalyst for the biggest change in my life was appearing on Masterchef Australia in 2014, making it all the way to the finals and finishing in the Top 5.
Since leaving the show I have also launched my first and incredibly successful restaurant Harvest Kitchen (www.harvest-kitchen.com.au) here in the Barossa Valley, where we recently celebrated our second birthday. Last year we won the best new regional restaurant in South Australia and made it to the national finals for the Restaurant and Catering Awards for excellence.
I am in the process of opening a second restaurant in the next twenty months as well as a small range of complimentary products which will be made by hand in small artisan batches, which continue our mantra of Honest, Generous and Flavoursome food.
Since Masterchef and opening my restaurant I have also been extensively studying many facets of Wellbeing. I have been studying Yoga for the past two years and have a diploma in Positive Psychology and Wellbeing. This year I started studying a degree Cognitive Neuroscience at Uni SA. The heart of my personal philosophy is all about wellbeing.
My website is www.tracycollins.com.au which I launched late last year and is still in its infancy state. The Blog will tie in my love of food and eventually expand on the philosophy of balance, combining food, lifestyle & wellbeing.
Prior to Masterchef I was hairdresser and business owner of an environmental luxury Hairdressing Salon and Spa. Winning multiple awards in hairdresser and featured in Harpers Bazaar & Marie Claire and many others publications. I worked on the Biannual David Jones Fashion Parades in Sydney as well as winning environmental awards for sustainability.
As I am passionate about my local community, I have been mentoring small Barossa food businesses. I regularly get asked to do key note speeches to groups on the subjects of business, leadership, motivation, and personal development in the Barossa and greater South Australia.
PUBLISHING/ STYLING EXPERIENCE
· Personal Contributor to Barossa Living Magazine – food writer and stylist
· Taste of SA cookbook – recipe published
· Food Styling for Maggie Beer’s Foundation Cook Book (to be released 2017)
· Food Styling for Maggie Beer working on imagery and styling of recipes and products for website, packaging and various media.
· Womens Weekly – Styling Maggie Beers Hair and Makeup – I gained a wealth of knowledge working, watching and assisting Fran Abdolluli and Michelle Cranston in the shoot.
· Wine Selector – Food and styling for Maggie Beer Shoot (2016)
· Pernod Richard – Recipes and food styling for brands
· Masterchef 2014 contestant – Top 5 Finals week
· SA Life (hosted by Callum Hann)
· TV commercial for SA Tourism
· Filming for various cooking shows
· I have also worked behind the scenes for television in the areas of styling (food, location scouting, set & food styling) for Channel 9 and ABC.
· My husband and I own Massena Vineyards and have released two other secondary wine brands last year.
· I am a mother to 3 beautiful children Finella (15) Harper (12) & Charlie (10)
· Ambassador for Ovarian Cancer Australia.
· Officiator at the opening and also contributed for the annual Hutt Street Centre